Wednesday 11 March 2015

My inspiration to become an animator

I have always loved Lego (as everyone should) and when the first Lego Star Wars game was released in 2005, I  knew I wanted it immediately. I mean, two of my favourite things combined into a video game? It was like a dream come true. From that moment on, I would buy the next Lego licensed game as soon as it came out. I loved it because Lego was really expensive for even a medium sized set, and instead of paying $60 for a average box of Lego, I got a $60 game that was the equivalent of hundreds of dollars worth of Lego. The art style combined with the animation and sounds of the game really made it an experience.



The animations in the game really set it apart from just playing with Lego, because Lego figures couldn't move like in the game, and this is why I loved playing the game, it was only restricted by the hardware, not anything else.

This is the Linkedin profile of Jeremy Pardon, the Lead Animator of the game that made my young self start thinking: "Hey, I could make games for a living!"

No comments:

Post a Comment