Friday 3 April 2015

Texturing

Once the texture map was sized correctly and laid out in the correct position, I imported it into Photoshop and opened the colour palette so I could get the correct colour for my textures. I made the entire base layer brown and then went through and used the pen tool to create the details in a darker brown. I then went through and added shading and wood planks to the base, including using the gradient tool to make more realistic shadows.

Once the wooden base details were completed, I moved on to the metal, making the metal areas, such as the lock, hinge and rims grey and added the blocks of shadow to the areas that wouldn't receive light, then added the highlights to make the metal look metallic. I then went on to make scratch marks on the metal parts, and wood grain and splinters to the planks and adding in the nails.

The most time consuming part was having to keep redoing the parts I could only do with my Wacom pad, as I would have to redo each detail about 3 times for the smaller pieces and about 10 times for the larger, more obvious details.

No comments:

Post a Comment