Tuesday 5 May 2015

Modelling the dagger

For the modelling of the dagger, I created a plane and put the image of the dagger over it. I then used the line tool to sort of trace around half of the dagger, so I could add a symmetry modifier to mirror it sideways, then mirror it again so it had two faces. This was to make it faster and easier for me to make the dagger, instead of having to do the entire thing and risk stuffing it up.




I then used the Bevel tool on the faces to make the curved handle, pommel, crossguard, and blade. This gave the model some really nice curves without going super high poly. I then added the symmetry modifiers but had to move the edges on the inside that so that they were straight instead of curving inwards. 



I finished my model pretty quickly, thanks to the symmetry modifiers and line tool. I was ready to move onto the UV mapping.









No comments:

Post a Comment