Tuesday 5 May 2015

Texturing the dagger

I then started texturing the dagger, and as the game requires realistic textures, I used the ones from the picture I based the dagger on. I imported the picture of the dagger and the UV Map into Photoshop CS6. I then pressed CTRL+I on the UV Map layer to make it negative colours. I then used the marquee tool to isolate the parts of the dagger into the four respective parts - the pommel, handle, crossguard, and blade. I then dragged them onto the UV Map layer and lined them up with the UVs.

 I then saved the file and linked it to the model in 3dsmax and made sure that the textures lined up with the sections of the dagger using the free transform tool.


I realized once I had finished putting all of the textures into the UVs that they didn't conform to the contours of the UVs, so I used the warp tool to fit the texture onto the UV perfectly. I then made another layer for shading, and used a small brush tool at 20% opacity with linear burn on to show realistic shading to the bright parts.





No comments:

Post a Comment