Tuesday 5 May 2015

Research

I am to create a 3D asset for a game for this assignment. After thinking about what I wanted to create for a while, I decided on creating a shield. I started the shield strong, but it had one problem after the other, so I eventually scrapped it for another medieval piece, a dagger. But what design will it be? What era? Fantasy or historically accurate? These questions flowed through my head as I searched for reference.

I eventually realized that I was liking the more realistic designs more than the fantasy designs, and I liked the medieval designed daggers. So I compiled a list of the ones that I liked.



I decided I liked the bottom one the most, so I decided I would base my design off of it. I was making this model for a Skyrim-like game, with lots of medieval-type weaponry.

No comments:

Post a Comment