Tuesday 5 May 2015

UV Unwrapping the dagger

As I started the UV Unwrapping process, I realized that since my model was pretty much a quarter of a dagger, the UV Unwrapping would be pretty simple and quick. I then realized I had the break almost every edge to get it to relax without messing up completely. I added the checker pattern to the dagger and looked at the edges that would need to be broken.


A lot of edges were broken that day. I then started to separate the parts from the group, and when I had to use the planar map, I found out that my dagger never needed to be flipped to a different axis, it was always on the right one. 



I then flipped all of the UVs to match the quarter I modelled, and then snapped all of the vertices together and then moved them into the box. The UVs were very easy to fit into the box, and I had a lot of space left.



No comments:

Post a Comment